A 10- year-old boy, Shuaibu Musa, has drowned while bathing in a pond called “Ramin Tasiu” at Sheika Road in Kumbotso Local Government Area of Kano State.
The spokesman of the Kano State Fire Service, Mr Saidu Mohammed, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Kano that the incident happened on Tuesday afternoon when the deceased went to take his bath.
“We received a distress call from one Malam Abdullahi Naguru at about 03:15p.m. that Musa’s body was found floating in the water.
“On receiving the information, we quickly sent our rescue team to the scene at about 03:30p.m.
“Musa was found dead and his corpse was handed over to his father, Alhaji Musa Ya’u,’’ he said.
Mohammed advised the general public especially parents and ward heads to stop children from going into open water for whatever purpose to save their lives. (NAN)
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job
- 7 policemen, 3 soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Banditry, insecurity in Zuru land: Matters arising
- Sex For Survival: How Officials Use Underage IDP Girls As Objects Of Pleasure