A total of 14 out of the 24 members of Zamfara State House of Assembly have lost their bid to return to the assembly, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
NAN reports however that out of the 24 assembly members, nine are returning to the house while the Speaker, Alhaji Sanusi Rikiji, had would proceed to the House of Representatives.
Those who lost out include the Deputy Speaker, Alhaji Muhammad Abubukar, Chief Whip, Abdullahi Dansadau, Dayyabu Rijiya, Deputy Chief Whip, Malam-Mani Malam-Mummuni, Abubakar Ajiya and Hashimu Shehu-Gazura.
Others are Alhaji Salisu Musa, Bello Fagon, Shehu Ibrahim, Muazu Faru, Mansur Muhammad Dambala, Lawali Dagonkade and Abu Dahiru.
All the 14 lawmakers lost out when the All Progressives Congress (APC) adopted consensus in nominating candidates for the general elections in the state.
Meanwhile, the nine returning lawmakers who contested and won in the just concluded are, the Leader of the House, Alhaji Isah Abdulmumin, his deputy, Bello Maiwurno, Aliyu Ango-Kagara, Abu Ibrahim-Maru, and Ibrahim Kwatarkwashi.
The rest are Aminu Danjibga, Maniru Gidanjaja, Yusuf Moriki, and Kabiru Moyi.
NAN further reports that the APC won all the 24 seats of the state assembly at last Saturday’s State Assembly elections. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl