Damian Ali, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress APC, was
allegedly beaten to death by the owner of a pharmaceutical store in
Owerri, the Imo state capital over the weekend.
Confirming the incident, the state police command spokesperson, SP Orlando Ikeokwu, said the deceased was attacked by the owner of a pharmacy and his staff when he tried parking his vehicle in front of their outfit situated at Umuguma Roundabout.
Late Ali who was not planning to buy an item from the pharmacy, tried to park his vehicle and upon inquiry, he informed the pharmacy workers that he wanted to do something nearby. The refusal of the pharmacy worker to allow him park his vehicle, led to an argument which degenerated into a fight.
Damian was said to have slumped at the scene of the incident and was later confirmed dead.
Ikeokwu said that the suspect reported himself to the police, adding that the state commissioner of police, Olaniyi Fafowora, had ordered a full-scale investigation into the incident.
- Coronavirus: India enter ‘total lockdown’ as 1.3 billion people are ordered to stay indoors for 21 days
- Nigerians respect fear more than religion – Simi speaks against the current coronavirus strategy
- Coronavirus: ‘Don’t Be More Muslim Than Muhammad’ – MURIC Warns Muslims
- Coronavirus: Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria Rise To 42
- Nigeria Has Less Than 500 Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients — Sources