The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has lost his seat as Senator representing Kwara Central Senatorial District of Kwara State on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to his long time political arch rival, Dr Yahaya Oloriegbe, of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
In the general elections conducted on Saturday, the Senate President lost in all the four local government areas that made up Kwara Central Senatorial District, comprising of Asa, Ilorin West, Ilorin East and Ilorin South local government areas.
The winner, Oloriegbe polled 15,932 votes to defeat the incumbent senator who got 11, 252 votes in Asa local government area.
In the Ilorin East local government area, APC polled 30, 014 while PDP scored 14, 654.
In the Ilorin South local government area, APC polled 26,331 against PDP’s 13,013.
In Ilorin West, APC polled 51,531 votes while the PDP scored 30, 075.
The APC won with 123,808 votes against the PDP’s 41,994 from all the four local governments areas that made up the Senatorial district.
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl