The Presidential Candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC) Muhammadu Buhari, has recorded victory in two of the seven Local Government Areas (LGA) of Bayelsa.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the two LGAs are Nembe and Southern-Ijaw as announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
NAN reports that the state has eight LGAs, but seven have so far been announced by INEC.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has won in the five council areas.
The Returning Officer, Prof. Zana Akpagbo, announced on Tuesday in Yenagoa that APC polled 31, 811 votes to defeat PDP, who polled 7, 167 votes in Nembe LGA.
In Southern-Ijaw, APC also polled 47, 627 as against 41, 629 scored by the PDP in the area.
In Ekeremor LGA, PDP scored 21, 857 to defeat APC that got 9, 097. Kolokuma/Opokuma LGA, PDP polled 16, 040 to defeat APC, that got 3, 938 votes while in Yenagoa LGA, PDP got 37,676 votes defeating APC with 7, 483.
In Brass LG, PDP polled 15,936, while APC scored 5,913 and in Sagbama LG PDP had 30,122 votes to defeat the APC with 7,949 votes.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the seven LGAs so far announced are Yenagoa, Kolokuma/Opokuma, Nembe, Brass, Sagbama, Southern-Ijaw and Ekeremor.
Results from the remaining Ogbia local government area of the state, where former President Goodluck Jonathan hails from, are yet to be collated.
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl