A Sharia Court I on Thursday ordered a father of three, Ahmad Umar, to within one week, get an apartment for his wife, and move her out of his parent’s house
The Judge, Malam Dahiru Lawal, gave the order in his ruling after Muhammad filed a suit against her husband, demanding for better standard of living.
The complainant , who resides in Malali Area of Kaduna, told the court that she had been living with her sister in-law in in his father’s house in one room for three months.
“We all live in my husband’s family house. His sister who recently lost her husband, also moved into our room with her two children.
“I had a misunderstanding with her and my husband’s step-mother reported me to the police. I and my baby spent the night in police custody “, she alleged.
Muhammad who mentioned that she had been married to the defendant for seven years, noted that she does not intend to separate from her husband but wants a better pace to live in.
She prayed the court to intervene in the matter and compel her husband to get a new place for her and her children.
On his part, the defendant did not deny the allegations.
He said that he had been trying his best to move his family into an apartment. (NAN)
- Bandits kill Army colonel, two soldiers in Katsina
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job
- 7 policemen, 3 soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Banditry, insecurity in Zuru land: Matters arising