The Delta Government has approved the extension of landing jetty and foreshore wall at the Nigerian Navy Ship Yard in Warri.
The state’s Commissioner for Information, Chief Patrick Ukah, who disclosed this on Wednesday in Asaba, said that the approval of the extension of the jetty and wall was part of efforts to strengthen security in the state.
He said that the approval of the project was one of the decisions reached at the State Executive Council meeting held on Tuesday in Asaba.
According to Ukah, the approval is to ensure the safety of lives and property of residents of Delta.
“The council also approved the completion of the remodelling of Central Hospital, Asaba, and cash awards to members of Delta State contingent to the 19th National Sports Festival held in Abuja last year.
“Other approvals are the reconstruction of old Adeje Road, Adeje in Okpe LGA, rehabilitation and construction of Delta Broadcasting Service (DBS) and Isho Road, Ubulu Uku in Aniocha South.
“It also the construction of Ecumenical Centre of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Asaba,” he said. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl