The Freedom Radio Sub-station, Dutse, Jigawa has lost one of its reporters, Malam Abdulkarim Darmanawa.
Darmanawa died on Wednesday, June 12, after a brief illness, according to a statement on Saturday by the Head of the Station, Malam Bashir Atuwa.
“ The station has lost one of its dedicated, hardworking and fine journalists,” the statement signed by Alhaji Bashir Isma’il, Head, Finance and Administration, of the outfit, said.
“We cannot forget in the near future the death of this fine reporter in view of his excellent contributions to the station because his death came to us as a rude shock.
“Members of the public have also missed Darmanawa, especially his interesting human angle reporting and Hausa programmes like ‘Barka Da Hantsi’, ‘
Good morning Jigawa’, ‘Yau da Gobe’, and ‘Hasken Makaranta’.
“He was a complete gentleman, but death is inevitable; God knows why he took him away from us. Every living being will pass through death. May the Almighty Allah reward him with paradise,” the statement said.
A News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), correspondent, who visited the Freedom Radio station on Saturday, met a large number of sympathisers who had trooped in to condole the staff and management over the loss.
The Freedom Radio, Dutse is an annex of the main station whose headquarters is in Kano. (NAN)
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job
- 7 policemen, 3 soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Banditry, insecurity in Zuru land: Matters arising
- Sex For Survival: How Officials Use Underage IDP Girls As Objects Of Pleasure