Federal Road Safety Academy, Udi, Enugu is to begin the award of degree certificates by September, Corps Marshal Mr Boboye Oyeyemi, said.
Oyeyemi made this known at an event in Abuja on Tuesday.
According to him, the corps is making concerted effort to ensure that the institution is upgraded to a fully-fledged degree-awarding institution.
“We are hopeful to be able to get approval to commence the degree programme by September.
“The adverts should be out by August if we get the final approval from the National Universities Commission (NUC).
“We also have two institutions that we must set up within the next two years.
“We need the training school for the inspectorate cadre and we need our staff college,” he said.
On the FRSC traffic radio, Oyeyemi said that test transmission would begin by June.
“The traffic radio should resume by the end of this month or early June.
“We should be able to commence test transmission toward commissioning; we are on the last stage.
“We have gotten the frequency; we are waiting for the equipment to arrive,” he said.
He further said that the studio was set for take-off and the personnel were undergoing the second level of training. (NAN)
- Bandits kill Army colonel, two soldiers in Katsina
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job
- 7 policemen, 3 soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Banditry, insecurity in Zuru land: Matters arising