Temitope Olatoye, a serving federal lawmaker representing Lagelu/Akinyele Federal Constituency of Oyo State, has been shot dead.
Olatoye, popularly known as Sugar, was shot dead on Saturday by unknown gunmen after the governorship and state house of assembly elections in Ibadan.
He was reportedly rushed to the Accident and Emergency Centre of the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, where he was confirmed dead.
UCH Public Relations Officer (PRO), Toye Akinrinlola, confirmed his death in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ibadan.
Akinrinlola said the Olatoye died from gunshot in UCH Intensive Care Unit.
“The AIG Police, Zone 7, the Oyo Commissioner of Police, Chief Medical Director and other top police officials are in UCH now.
“We have formally told the family of his demise,’’ Akinrinlola said.
NAN reports that the deceased contested and lost the Feb. 23 Senatorial election in Oyo State on the platform of the Action Democratic Party (ADP). (NAN)
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl
- Bandits kill Army colonel, two soldiers in Katsina
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job