The Kaduna State government has approved N54 million for the execution of various projects in Kaura Local Government, according to Bege Katuka, the council’s boss.
Katuka told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Friday in Kaura that projects to be undertaken included the construction of bore holes and culverts, as well as the rehabilitation of roads in rural communities.
He reassured the people of the council’s commitment to meeting their demands, urging them to support and cooperate with management to ensure success of policies and programmes.
The chairman urged the people, especially farmers and herders, to refrain from acts that could lead to a breach of peace, considering that the farming season was here.
He said that management would soon hold a town hall meeting where stakeholders would brainstorm on developments so far.
“The goal is to get a feedback from the people. It is important to gauge their moods and feelings. That is what we want to do,” he said. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl