The Kaduna State Government has begun the 2020 budget processes with defense of revenue proposals by revenue generating agencies.
The tate Planning and Budget Commissioner, Mr Thomas Gyang made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kaduna on Wednesday.
Gyang assured that the draft budget would be ready by first week of September.
“We have started the budget process on Tuesday with revenue proposal defense by revenue generating Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) before the Estimate Committee.
“We have gone through 20 MDAs on Tuesday starting with what they have been able to generate in the last six months; we are happy with some and unhappy with others.
“We will be done with the revenue defense on Thursday and will commence the capital expenditure in August.
“This will take us a while because every MDA will want to execute projects in billions, even when they knew the state do not have such money.
“Be that as it may, we are working assiduously to ensure that Gov. Nasir El-Rufai get the draft budget by first week of September, and we are confident it will be done.”
The commissioner said the budget would be realistic, saying “we will make sure that what the government proposed to spend is based on the reality of available resources.” (NAN)
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job
- 7 policemen, 3 soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Banditry, insecurity in Zuru land: Matters arising
- Sex For Survival: How Officials Use Underage IDP Girls As Objects Of Pleasure