Haruna Sanusi, the district head of Bebeji Local Government Area of Kano State has resigned his appointment, citing health ground and recent changes in the emirate system.
The district head, who holds the title of Dan Galadiman Kano, announced his resignation in a letter to Secretary to the State Government, dated May 10.
The governor of Kano State, on May 8 created four additional emirates and first class emirs in the state, to allegedly whittle down the influence of the Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II.
DAILY NIGERIAN reports that the emirs are Aminu Ado-Bayero, Bichi; Tafida Ila, Rano; Ibrahim Abdulkadir, Gaya and; Ibrahim Abubakar ll, Karaye.
On Friday, a Kano High Court sitting at Ungogo, ordered the governor to maintain the status quo and take no further action.
But the governor on Saturday presented appointment letters to the new emirs, saying he was unaware of the court order.
In further violation of the order, the governor presented staff of office to the new emirs on Sunday.
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl
- Bandits kill Army colonel, two soldiers in Katsina
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job