Kano State Police Command on Sunday said it arrested a 17-year old boy for allegedly stabbing a man to death over argument on football match.
Police said the suspect, Salisu Muhammad of Yakasai quarters of Kano Municipal Local Government Area, stabbed a man named Mujittafa Musa, after heated argument.
Spokesman for the command, Abdullahi Kiyawa, said at about 11:21 pm on Saturday, the command received a report that one Salisu Muhammad stabbed one Mujittafa Musa, all of Yakasai quarters on his chest to death over ensuing football argument.
Mr Kiyawa said that the deceased was rushed to Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital where he was certified dead.
He added that the suspect also used the same knife and stabbed one Suleman Muhammad on the knee.
The second victim is currently receiving treatment at the hospital.
- Bandits kill Army colonel, two soldiers in Katsina
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job
- 7 policemen, 3 soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Banditry, insecurity in Zuru land: Matters arising