Wife of Kebbi state Governor Dr. Zainab Bagudu , Wednesday in Birnin kebbi, has extended philanthropic humanitarian rescue after she intervened and paid a fine of N15,000 for a nursing mother who could not afford to pay, and was detained in Kebbi Prisons to serve a six months jail term based on a Court judgement in Birnin kebbi.
Dr. Zainab tweeted ” I met this mother and her 7mth old during a visit to Kebbi old prison yesterday. She got into a fight with a neighbour and was jailed for 6mths or pay a N15k fine she couldn’t afford.We paid her fine; she is free. No wonder our prisons are congested! “.
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl