Malvika Raaj, who played the role of young Kareena Kapoor in Karan Johar’s Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, is all set to hit the big screen with Danny Denzongpa’s son Rinzing.
Malvika is also the niece of veteran actress Anita Raaj.
Malvika and Rinzing will star in an action-thriller called Squad. The film is slated to go on floors in April.
Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham will always hold a special place in Malvika’s heart as, while filming the movie, she realized she wanted to pursue a career in acting. Talking to a daily, the actress said, “The film will always be special as that’s when I realised I wanted to act.”
Squad is the debut film of Malvika and working with Rinzing makes it easy for her as they both have been friends since childhood.
“We were in the
same school and grew up in the same social circle. When we were young,
we even attended each other’s birthday parties so now sharing the screen
with him is going to be a lot of fun,” Malvika told the daily.
Talking about her character, a sniper called Aria, said, “She’s very knowledgeable about weapons which is important to the storyline. There’s a lot of action and a little bit of romance with Rinzing.”
The film is being directed by Jyoti Kapur Das. Talking about working with Jyoti, Malvika said, “I am glad that we are breaking from stereotypical thinking that a woman can’t direct an action film. These days there is no gender differentiation and I am pretty sure my director will nail it.”
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job
- 7 policemen, 3 soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Banditry, insecurity in Zuru land: Matters arising
- Sex For Survival: How Officials Use Underage IDP Girls As Objects Of Pleasure