A trader, Abubakar Sadiq, on Tuesday dragged two women Amina Abdulkareem, 65, and Jamila Abubakar, 40, before a Shari’a Court ll sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna for allegedly instigating his third wife to leave him.
The petitioner who resides at Kabala West area of Kaduna, told the court:”since my wife started mingling with these women, she has changed towards me.
“She does not obey me anymore and she does not perform her duty as a wife to me.
“As we speak, my wife travelled to Kebbi State without my knowledge,” he said.
Sadiq told the court that he had three wives.
“I treat all my wives fairly, but I’m worried at the sudden attitudinal change of my third wife,” he said.
The complainant said that the second defendant broke into the room of his wife and stole her properties.
Sadiq prayed court to compel the defendants to stop interfering with his family matter.
The defendants, however, denied the allegations.
Abdulkareem said: ” I have been like a mother to the couple. I always settled their matrimonial quarrels and misunderstandings.
The second defendant, Abubakar said that she only visits the complainant’s house to whenever she has goods to sale.
“The complanant’s wife asked me to bring her some wrappers to sale. She always begs me not to tell her husband about the clothes I bring for he to buy,”he said.
The judge, Musa Sa’ad- Goma, ordered the complainant to present his witnesses in court and adjourned the case until April 30 for further hearing. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl