The Police Command in Jigawa have confirmed the recovery of an abandoned new born baby from a well in Kaugama Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
SP Abdu Jinjiri, the spokesman, Jigawa Police Command, made this known while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Dutse on Monday.
“On April 20, at 4p.m., one AbdulAziz Lawan aged 40, who is the village head of Kuka-Kwance brought a new born baby boy to the station.
“The baby was said to have been dumped inside an unused well immediately after delivery by unknown person,” jinjiri said.
He explained that the baby is doing well after being taken to hospital for medical examination.
“Upon receipt of the report, the baby was taken to hospital for examination and it is still doing well,” he added.
The spokesman added that investigations into the case is ongoing. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl