The Bayelsa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) on Monday denied an online media report that its men trailed the Speaker of Bayelsa House of Assembly, Mr Kombowei Benson during elections.
In a statement in Yenagoa, NSCDC Commandant in Bayelsa, Mr Ideba Pedro, described the report as false and unsubstantiated.
The speaker had alleged that some persons in NSCDC uniform were trailing him during the Feb. 23 Presidential and National Assembly Elections in which he contested to represent the Southern Ijaw Federal Constituency but lost.
Pedro said that such men might be impostors, adding that the command did not deploy officers and men to trail any political office holder.
He noted that prior to the elections, the corps withdrew its officers and men from Very Important Persons (VIPs).
Pedro warned that anyone caught impersonating the NSCDC would be dealt with decisively.
He called on Bayelsa people to assist the corps to fish out those who impersonated the command’s personnel.
Pedro lauded the command’s officers and men for exhibiting professionalism during the Feb. 23 and March 9 general elections . (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl