Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is leading in Saturday’s election in Plateau, winning six out of the eight local councils declared.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the election took place in all the 17 local government areas (LGAs) of the state.
In the results declared by INEC, Abubakar have so far secured a total of 248, 210 votes while President Muhammadu Buhari of the APC scored a total of 138, 268 votes.
Abubakar won in Bokkos, Jos South, Mikang, Kanke, Pankshin and Langtang South LGAs, Buhari won in Qua’anpan and Jos East LGAd.
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl