The Plateau Governorship Election Petition Tribunal has ordered INEC to release election materials to the party for scrutiny.
A statement issued by Mr Abraham Yiljap, Chairman, Media and Publicity Committee of the PDP, on Tuesday in Jos, said that t
he tribunal had also ordered INEC to release the Certified True Copies of the election results to the PDP.
“The tribunal’s action followed the ‘very urgent’ application filed by the PDP counsels on Monday April 1, 2019, requesting it to compel INEC to release the documents for inspection, ” the statement read.
NAN reports that though the three-member tribunal had two-members at
its Monday session, it was yet to fix a date for its inaugural sitting.
Already, the PDP legal team has filed 10 petitions before the tribunal handling case arising from National Assembly and the State House of Assembly elections.
”The cases were all filed within the time specified and have been duly acknowledged,” Abraham said.
He said that the PDP legal team had also been served with six cases filed against it by the APC, with five bordering on National Assembly elections.
“Three petitions concern seats from the northern senatorial zone, while the central and southern zones have one each,” the statement added.
Meanwhile, Sen Jerry Useni, the PDP Governorship Candidate in the election, has hailed the tribunal’s order on the inspection of the materias, describing it as ”a bold move in the pursuit of justice”. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl