The Kano Police Command has arrested 220 suspected criminals over alleged robbery and possession of dangerous weapons from March 29 to April 1 across the State.
DSP Abdullahi Haruna, the Command’s Public Relations Officer, disclosed this while parading the suspects on Tuesday in Kano.
He said that they were arrested during the raid of criminal hideouts and black spots in the state.
According to Haruna, the suspects were posing security challenges and threats among the members of the public.
“Some quantity of Indian hemp, suck and die, intoxicating drugs, knives and cutlasses were also recovered from the suspects”.
Haruna added that the suspects were equally found to be dealing with hard drugs and possession of dangerous weapons and have confessed to the crime.
He said the suspects would be charged to court for prosecution, adding that raids of such hideouts would continue throughout the state until all criminal suspects are arrested and brought before the law.
Haruna said: “Out of the suspects, nine were suspected armed robbers.”
The spokesperson called on residents of the state to continue to cooperate with the command and report suspiscious persons to the police. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl