Police authorities in Kano on Friday confirmed the arrest of over 70 political thugs in connection with clash between supporters of Senator Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso and those of Rep. Abdulmumini Jibril Kofa.
Confirming the arrest to Daily Trust, Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Haruna Abdullahi, also said Rep Jibril Kofa was invited by the police for questioning.
Abdullahi confirmed that two persons had lost their lives, 20 campaign vehicles burnt to ashes and 18 others critically damaged during the clash.
He said, “Rep Kofa was invited by police for some clarifications. There are some allegations levelled against him and he needs to clarify them with us, hence the invitation.”
The police spokesperson, said the assistant inspector general in-charge of Zone One Kano and the commissioner of police had visited the village today for fact-findings.
Abdullahi warned that police would not fold its arms watching few individuals foment trouble in the state at the detriment of the majority.
He assured that whoever is found wanting in causing the destruction would be taken to court as soon as police finished investigation.
It would be recalled that supporters of Sen. Kwankwaso and those of Rep Kofa clashed in Kofa town yesterday, resulting to the death of five persons and burning of 60 vehicles.
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl