The Police Command in Kebbi State says it has rescued a suspected mattress thief from a mob while in the process of being lynched at Nassarawa street in Birnin Kebbi.
The Police Public Relations’ officer (PPRO) in the state, DSP Nafiu Abubakar disclosed this while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Birnin Kebbi on Wednesday.
Abubakar said that the suspect would be charged to court after investigation.
According to him a team of police men rescued the suspect from the mob on Wednesday.
“After our investigation, he is going to be charge court,” he said.
Some residents, who witnessed the event, commended the police for rescuing the suspect from the mob.
Malam Muhammad Adamu, a resident told NAN that the suspect was caught by the mob after he broke into a house and stole a mattress adding that he was rescued by a team of policemen who arrived at the scene as he was being lynched.
“I commend the police men for rescuing the suspect from being killed by the mob.
“If not for their coming, the suspect would have lost his life,” Adamu said.
Mr Garba Nasiru another resident corroborated the claim, saying that the suspect is an expert in house breaking and stealing of peoples’ property.(NAN)
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl
- Bandits kill Army colonel, two soldiers in Katsina
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job