Iranian President, Hassan Rouhani, said Iran is willing to negotiate with America only when the U.S. lifts pressure and apologises, local media reported on Wednesday.
Oil prices hit their highest level since November on Tuesday after Washington announced all waivers on imports of sanctions-hit Iranian oil would end the coming week.
Rouhani said that Washington also pressurised importers to stop buying from Tehran and further tightening global supply.
“We have always been a man of negotiation and diplomacy, the same way that we’ve been a man of war and defence.
“Negotiation is only possible if all the pressures are lifted, they apologise for their illegal actions and there is mutual respect,’’ Rouhani said. (Reuters/NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl