The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Kebbi State, has extended the service year of seven Corps members by four months for violating the rules of the scheme.
The state NYSC Coordinator, Mr Barde Usman, made the disclosure on Thursday in Birinin Kebbi at the passing out ceremony of the 2018 batch `A’ corps members held in the state.
He said ”six male corps members and a female corps member, have their service year extended for a period between two and four months.”
He also disclosed that NYSC had contacted the families of four male and two female corps members who absconded during their service year.
Usman said that NYSC issued a total of 1, 383 discharge certificates, comprising 798 males and 585 female corps members who successfully concluded their service in the state.
The coordinator congratulated the outgoing corps members and urged them to be good ambassadors of the country whereever they might found themselves.
He said the skills acquisition and vocational training they received during their orientation were enough to make them excel in the labour market.
He said :” Try to be good ambassadors to this country and your family;,try to ensure that you are moving with people of good character, don’t join bad company.
” Ensure that you don’t engage in any criminal activity because it is dangerous and risky.
”All the vocational trainings you were exposed to during your orientation are enough to make you excel without wandering in the labour market that is already saturated ”, he said.
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl