A 70-year-old man, Mohammed Sani Umar, has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for raping an eight-year-old girl in the Chanchaga area of Niger state.
LIB had earlier reported that Mohammed raped his victim twice after luring her with N80. He allegedly told the victim not to tell anyone after he raped her.
He was arraigned before a Chief Magistrate Court today July 23. He admitted before the magistrate court that he raped the little girl twice because he loved her.
Delivering judgment on the case, Senior Magistrate Safuratu Abdulkareem of Magistrate Court III, Minna, found Umar guilty of the offense and sentenced him to 30 years in prison. She added that the jail term was in line with Section 18, Subsection 2 of the Child Right Act (2010) of Niger State.
- Bandits kill Army colonel, two soldiers in Katsina
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job
- 7 policemen, 3 soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Banditry, insecurity in Zuru land: Matters arising