The Sokoto State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Suleiman Usman (SAN) has appealed to the State Police Commissioner for protection over alleged threat to his life by hoodlums.
Speaking to newsmen on Thursday, Usman alleged that a group of suspected hoodlums had attacked his residence late Wednesday evening, assaulting his neighbours in the process.
He said the group first attacked the gateman and assaulted six others, including a married woman, Mrs Larai Galadima.
According to him, the group later beat up one Aliyu Kebbe, whisking him away to unknown destination.
” That was the second time they were attacking me.
“The first time was sometime in 2018 at the Sultan Abubakar III International Airport Sokoto,” Usman said.
He said that the latest incident has been reported to the Police, urging the Police Commissioner to take action, and stating that he would also explore all available legal means on the issue.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Sokoto State command, Mr Muhammad Sadiq, assured that the Police would carry out investigation on the matter without fear or favour. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl