The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Sokoto state Chapter on Wednesday lauded journalists in the state for their diligent coverage of the 2019 elections.
The Party Spokesman, Malam Abdullahi Hausawa, who made the commendation in a statement in Sokoto, expressed PDP’s gratitude to media organizations for their coverage throughout the electioneering period.
“PDP is grateful to Allah on the victory bestowed on us with a margin of 342 votes despite all hurdles.
“We want to put it on record that a candidate will be regarded as duly elected into the Office of Governor of the State where he has the highest number of votes cast at the election.
“Thus, the constitution is explicit about the winner of the election, as captured in Section 179 (2) of the constitution,” Hausawa said.
According to him, the victory was achieved despite harassment and maneuvers from political forces during the election.
“In recognition of the magnitude of happenings at the concluded election, the right thing for the oppositions is to simply accept defeat in good faith.
“PDP members believe in true democratic processes, advocate for free, fair and credible elections and always believe in justice,” Hausawa added.
The spokesman urged the people to continue to offer prayers for peaceful coexistence and good leadership in the state. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl