Unknown gunmen yesterday killed three civilians and one military officer at Kasai villag, 10 kilometres to Batsari town in Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State.
The incident, which happened around 1.00am, also reportedly left scores injured and over 200 cows rustled.
It was gathered that the bandits stormed the village, shooting sporadically just as the residents engaged them.
The army was said to have later intervened.Confirming the incident, the spokesman of the state police command, Gambo Isah, said the bandits who came from Rugu forest, invaded the village before laying ambush for the military and killed the officer.
He said the Commissioner of Police, Sanusi Buba, had since visited the place to condole with the community and sympathise with the injured.
While denying that cows were rustled, Isah said the robbers invaded many houses carting away phones and money.
He said security had been reinforced in the town.
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl