Some suspected ritualists at Ricoto village in Zuru Local Government Areas of Kebbi State have slaughtered a five-year-old girl, residents and the police have confirmed.
Mallam Sani Rikoto, a resident of the village who narrated the incident to News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Birnin Kebbi, said the girl was asleep outside their compound with her parents and grandmother, when she was abducted and killed.
According to Rikoto, the grandmother work up from sleep and raised alarm the moment she noticed that the girl was missing.
“When the suspects heard the grandmother shouting the girl’s name repeatedly they dropped her and ran away, but they had already killed her,” he said.
He added that a team from the community launched an immediate search of the locality to apprehend the killers, but without success.
NAN learnt that though the incident occured about two weeks ago, up to now neither the police nor the villagers were able to trace the killers.
The Public Relations Officer in Kebbi, DSP Nafiu Abubakar, who confirmed the incident, said that investigation was ongoing on the matter. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl