The Kebbi Government in collaboration with UNICEF has awarded N199 million contract for construction and renovation of water and sanitation facilities in primary health centers in the state.
Alhaji Bala Yelwa, the Acting General Manager of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASSA), made this known at a contract signing agreement between the stakeholders and contractors in Birnin Kebbi on Friday.
He said the main objective of awarding the contract was to improve water and sanitation facilities for the betterment and improved health of the people in the state.
“This contract is collaboration between the Kebbi government and UNICEF.
“We want to ensure provision of quality portable water and good environment through construction of toilet facilities,” he said.
According to him, the contract worth N199,974,357 million will consist of construction of solar powered boreholes, renovation of primary health care centers as well as provision of sanitary facilities.
Yelwa said that the contractors were expected to complete the projects within three months duration.
“This contract signing agreement is as a result of careful evaluation of the contract documents.
“I urge you all to carry out quality job because it is important to the health of our people,” he said.
One of the contractors, Mr Dahiru Shehu who talked on behalf the contractors, promised to carry out quality job within the confines of the contractual agreement. (NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl