Sen. Aliyu Wamakko (APC-Sokoto), has commended the people of the state for their sustained prayers for the success of all activities of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the country.
The lawmaker made the commendation in a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Bashir Mani, and issued to newsmen in Sokoto on Thursday.
Wamakko, who is also the Chairman of the Northern Senators Forum, expressed happiness that the party’s supporters had been praying and fasting as well as reciting verses of the Holy Qur’an to ensure the success of all the activities of the party.
He expressed optimism that with such prayers seeking divine intervention in the cause of the APC, “there will soon be light at the end of the tunnel”.
He urged them not to relent in offering such supplications.
“All supporters of the party and the people of the state should also remain peaceful, calm and resolute as the stolen Governorship mandate of the APC would soon be retrieved from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Gov. Aminu Tambuwal,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on March 24 declared Tambuwal winner of the state supplementary governorship election with a margin of 342 votes. (NAN)
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl
- Bandits kill Army colonel, two soldiers in Katsina
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job