A woman and her dog were killed in Germany when both were struck by a train as she tried to rescue the pet that had wandered onto the tracks, Police said on Thursday.
The 53-year-old had desperately hurried after her dog as it ran into the path of the oncoming train in the Bavarian town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen on Wednesday.
The accident shut down a section of railway for three hours. (dpa/NAN)
- Report: Ammunition from US, Israel, Iran used in farmer-herder crisis in Nigeria
- Imo lady killed in Kebbi family not yet identified, help if you know her family
- APC has performed more than critics – AGF, Abubakar Malami
- There will be no protest in Lagos on October 1 – Lagos Police ban rallies and protests
- Soldier dismissed and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment for defiling 13-year-old girl