Mr Yakubu Sarma from Gombe South has been elected chairman of Gombe State Football Association for a-four year term.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Yakubu Sarma polled 11 votes to defeat Mr Aliyu Sunmonu from Gombe North, who polled 5 votes,while Yakubu Adamu from Gombe Central was unopposed as vice chairman.
Alhaji Babangida Ya’u, Chairman of the electoral committee who declared Sarma winner, said the committee had adhered to all electoral guidelines in preparation for the election.
Sarma, who replaced Alh. Auwalu Umar as chairman, pledged to take football development in Gombe to the next level, adding that a lot needed to be done to return Gombe to the glory days.
The newly elected chairman,while expressing his appreciation to all those who voted for him and the sports community in Gombe, stressed that grassroots sport would be prioritised.
Other members elected into the board are Yusuf Audu, Umar Tanimu, Ibrahim Garba, Sumon Shuaibu, Soul Kubo, Abdullahi Mohammed and Sani Mohammed.
Earlier, Babagana Khalid, a member of the Nigeria Football Federation representing Northeast, who supervised the election, had urged the contestants to accept the outcome of the elections.
NAN reports that delegates who voted in the election are members of the Nigeria National League One, Gombe State Referees Council, Local Government Sports Officers and Coaches Association.(NAN)
- Bandits kill Army colonel, two soldiers in Katsina
- NLC to go ahead with Monday protest despite court order
- Frustrated graduate from Katsina reportedly sets all his certificates ablaze due to inability to secure a job
- 7 policemen, 3 soldiers killed as Boko haram terrorists attack Borno Governor, Babagana Zulum’s convoy
- Banditry, insecurity in Zuru land: Matters arising